A message from Elaine and Diane
Dear Summer Students,
We are excited that MD is making it possible for us to have small classes and programs this summer. We plan to limit class sizes and to provide a zoom option for families that are not comfortable having their dancer attend in-studio classes. If you have enrolled your dancer in a summer class and would like him/her to participate using zoom, please send us an email so that we can make sure we get the link to you. We will be following the guidelines listed below:
• The water fountains will remain off, so please have your student bring a water bottle.
• Anyone in the studio space must wear a mask and must use the hand sanitizer at the front door. Students may be permitted to remove masks while dancing depending on MD regulations. Students should bring a baggy for mask storage.
• Students may bring a small dance bag, with only shoes, into the studio to place along the wall. Students will not be required to wear a leotard and tights, but should arrive in dance apparel. They will not be permitted to change between classes. The changing room will be closed.
• Students will be spaced, using tape on the floor, a minimum of 6’ – 8’ apart. • Students should wait outside the studio, in front of the building, until their class time and then the administrative staff will allow single file entry into the studios. It is up to individual families to maintain social distancing outside of the studio. • Cleaning of the studio spaces will take place at the end of each class. All materials, such as barres, will be wiped down.
• Only parents with small dancers that may need bathroom assistance can remain in a designated part of the lobby, with social distancing.
• Students staying for more than one class will be transitioned by a staff member while maintaining social distancing.
• Students will enter through the front door, but will leave the studio through our back door, to ensure one-way traffic. Parents should pick up departing students from the back of the building. Please be on time to pick up students to avoid students congregating to wait.
• Parents that need to purchase merchandise or pay tuition can enter and will be able to communicate through the glass at the front desk.
• Do not send your dancer if anyone in your family has symptoms suggestive of COVID19.
Every dancer will have the option to zoom. Please let us know if your summer student will be zooming rather than coming into the studio. We will be limiting class sizes. If the number of in-class students exceeds the room maximum, students will alternate coming into the studio one week and then using zoom the next week.
Diane Robertson & Elaine Seidman